The U.K. Armored Infantry unit at East Wind is the Albion Lancers, a light armored cavalry unit that is part of the British Army of the Rhine, on rotation to support the British Berlin Infantry Brigade.
You will fight primarily as dismounted infantry supported by light armored vehicles.
You will conduct both mounted and dismounted patrols both within friendly lines and deep into enemy territory. You will be tired, you will be bruised, you will be sore, but you will have an experience unlike any other. Forward as one...
Each individual attending as a U.K. Armored Infantryman is required to have all of the equipment listed on this page before they will be allowed entry to the field. Click on the name of each item for more details, and photos. There will be an inspection when you sign in. If you have questions, or are having trouble sourcing some items, please contact us.
While some of the equipment on the list may not seem to have immediate value, it is not just for the sake of realism or re-enacting. All the equipment is designed to work as a system, with other people's gear, and with the heavy equipment we provide. For example, it seems like any cup, bowl or plate would work for eating off. But using the correct mess kit means the serving line runs faster, and your kit fits into the cleaning equipment we provide.
Before being sure you have all of this stuff, be sure to read the list of items that you cannot bring.
- Correct U.K. airsoft weapon system.
- Sealed and rated goggles.
- Low or mid cap mags.
- At least two complete uniforms in DPM pattern.
- At least four pairs of socks.
- Warm hat.
- Warmth layer.
- Long johns or poly pro.
- U.K. issue Mk6 Kevlar helmet with DPM cover.
- U.K. body armor.
- Quality full-leather or Gore-Tex boots.
- Military sleeping bag.
- Sleeping pad.
- U.K. issue DPM-pattern rain gear.
- Bergen rucksack.
- Load bearing gear.
- Basha shelter.
- An entrenching tool, a mattock, a machete, or a hatchet.
- At least two dead rags.
- Capacity to carry at least two liters of water on patrol.
- Water purification tablets.
- Mess kit with silverware.
- U.K. military compass.
- Military type flashlight.
- Pad of paper and a pen/pencil
- Individual first aid kit.
- Personal care kit.