From Operation East Wind
A US made MX-991/U angle head flashlight with coloured lens inserts is required for all Canadian Forces participants at East Wind.
- Replicas are not acceptable.
- AA sized flashlights are not acceptable.
- Upgrading your flashlight to LED bulbs is acceptable.
Selecting and preparing your angle head flashlight
- Issue flashlights are made by Fulton and will have both the Fulton name on them as well as the part number MX-991/U. If the light you are looking at does not say that, it is a reproduction.
- Once you get your light, check to make sure that all of the coloured lens inserts are present. You should have: Red, Blue, white and a diffuser.
- If you light is used, check all of the contacts in it to make sure that there is no corrosion present then check and make sure that all rubber gaskets are present and in good shape.
- Check to make sure that your spare bulb is present underneath the spring at the base of your flashlight.
- Many users opt to change the original incandescent bulb out for an LED upgrade bulb such as those made by Maglite.
- It is strongly recommended that you bring spare batteries for your flashlight.