East German Winter Hats
From Operation East Wind
You must have least one of the cold weather hats, but it is recommended you have both:
- Ushanka with round NVA flash is preferred, and is also comfortable.
- A black knit cap is also acceptable.
- The East German Enlisted Ushanka is the darker grey as pictured above.
- The East German Officer's Ushanka are made with a lighter grey fake fur along with a larger cockade.
- The black knit 'watch' cap is useful when sleeping or on night patrols, instead of the Ushanka.
To understand sizing of East German uniform equipment, visit the NVA Sizing page.
A East German enlisted Ushanka can be bought for around $20.