NATO Training - Canadian Forces Specific Training
We have collected a variety of resources for the Canadian Forces attendee to make use of at East Wind. Take the time to read up on the skills you'll need in the field, the equipment you'll likely be using as well as the specific manners in which the Canadian Forces operate. All of our manuals are the English language editions unless specifically noted.
- B-GL-392-004-FP-001 Infantry Patrolling- Reviews Patrolling operations, patrol bases and the different kinds of patrols that can be conducted.
- Map Reading- Covers how to read a map, how to use a map with the Silva Ranger/Sunto Compass and route cards.
- 82 Pattern Webbing Users Manual- Familiarzes the soldier with the individual components of the 82 Pattern Webbing and their use.
- Section and Platoon Commanders Aide Memoire- A memory aid for platoon and section commanders to use in the field. Basically, it contains highlights and formats for several drills and procedures.
- Mountain Operations- Details the various terrain, climatic, logistical and operational considerations associated with fighting in mountainous terrain.
- Cold Weather Training- Covers basic survival and war fighting skills needed to operate in a winter environment.
- Battle Tasks Standards Infantry- Training standards for all Infantry combat team related skills, procedures and battle drills from Section to Brigade Group.
- The Rifle 5.56mm C7 an the Carbine 5.56mm C8- Basic guide on the features and handling of the C7 Service Rifle.
- Operators Manual AN/PVS-502 Night Vision Set - Scanned copy of the original manual for the PVS-502 night vision units employed by the Canadian Forces attendees at East Wind.
- Warrior Program Handbook (Canada) - Basically period-correct (1 Sept 1996) Training for War, Volume 2, Field Training Regulations, Supplement 5 (English). Covers rank and structure, use of force, treatment of prisoners, Operation of weapons, fieldcraft, battlecraft, communications, NBC, first aid and more.
- Short Range Anti-Armour Weapon (Medium)- Covers the basic handling and characteristics of the 84mm Carl Gustav / Short Range Anti Armour Weapon Medium (SRAAW)M.
- Ambush and Counter Ambush- Details ambush and counter ambush drills and outlines the different kinds of ambushes.
- Fieldcraft- Covers the various individual soldier skills required to move, communicate and operate while avoiding detection.