Soviet Gorka Oversuits
This is recommended equipment for Soviet Reconnaissance Troops participants.
Soviet participants are encouraged to bring a gorka oversuit. These provide a more weather resistant outer layer than the base uniforms and more mobility than wearing your plasch-palatka. If absolutely needed a gorka could be used as a stand alone uniform to meet the 2 uniform requirement. They can be rather warm though so it is not advised. There are several acceptable variations/versions of gorka.
- Original Soviet era gorka can be found though usually only in smaller sizes
- Some decent repros are being sold as well.
SPLAV or ANA 'older style' Gorka
- Both companies make versions that are only slightly different than the Soviet models.
- Variations include sleeve pockets, elastic in certain places or not etc.
- This is the best combination of cost, availability and correct styling
Solid green variants of modern Gorka
- Only solid green coloration are allowed (no camo panels)
- These version are normally several layers of fabric so are warmer and bulkier than the above versions.
- These version look very little like their Soviet predecessors so tend to stand out a bit