From Operation East Wind
This is required equipment for Soviet Reconnaissance Troops participants.
The correct type of headgear depends on the uniform worn:
- The Soviet Kepi is the correct headgear for Afghanka, TTSKO and VSR uniforms.
- The Soviet Pilotka is the correct headgear if wearing the M69 HeBe uniform.
Click on Soviet Sizing for information on determining your Soviet Hat Sizing.
- The color or camo pattern should match the uniform worn.
- Enlisted soldats should have a small green painted star on the front.
- Officers may have the larger green painted stars.
- Enlisted soldats should have a small star on the front.
- It is preferred that this be the green painted star, but the color version is acceptable as well.