Soviet Petrol Stove
From Operation East Wind
This is optional equipment for Soviet Reconnaissance Troops participants.
Soviet participants have the option of bringing a Soviet petrol stove.
- These pop up occasionally for sale and are great little gas powered stoves.
- They run on white gas, or straight gasoline (not as dangerous as is sounds).
- They are based on the Swedish "Primus Stoves" and they do a bang up job and are well worth the money.
- East Wind can be bitterly cold and hot stuff can be a real morale booster.
- Get with the guys on your section and make sure at least one of you has a cook stove. You will be glad to have it on cold wet days.
- Take a look at the [Primus primer] to see how they work.