U.K. Armored Infantry
The U.K. Armored Infantry unit at East Wind is the fictional 12th Albion Lancers, a light armored cavalry unit that is part of the British Army of the Rhine, on rotation to support the British Berlin Infantry Brigade.
You will fight primarily as dismounted infantry supported by light armored vehicles.
You will conduct both mounted and dismounted patrols both within friendly lines and deep into enemy territory. You will be tired, you will be bruised, you will be sore, but you will have an experience unlike any other. Forward as one...
Each individual attending as a U.K. Armored Infantryman is required to have all of the equipment listed on this page before they will be allowed entry to the field. Click on the name of each item for more details, and photos. There will be an inspection when you sign in. If you have questions, or are having trouble sourcing some items, please contact us.
While some of the equipment on the list may not seem to have immediate value, it is not just for the sake of realism or re-enacting. All the equipment is designed to work as a system, with other people's gear, and with the heavy equipment we provide.
Before being sure you have all of this stuff, be sure to read the list of items that you cannot bring.
- Approved Airsoft Weapon System
- Sealed and Rated Goggles, or approved mesh goggles
- Low or Mid Cap Magazines
- AEG Batteries if Applicable
- Uniforms in U.K. DPM Pattern, minimum of two
- Socks, minimum of four pairs
- Warm hat
- Warmth Layer
- Long Johns or Poly Pro
- U.K. Issue Mk6 Kevlar Helmet, with cover
- U.K. Body Armor
- Quality Full Leather or Gore-Tex Boots
- Military Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- U.K. Issue DPM Pattern Rain Gear
- Bergen Rucksack
- Load Bearing Equipment
- Basha Shelter
- An Entrenching Tool
- Red Dead Rags, minimum of two
- Canteens, minimum of two
- Water Purification Tablets
- Mess Kit with Silverware
- U.K. Military Compass
- Military Type Flashlight
- Pad of Paper and a Pen or Pencil
- Individual First Aid Kit
- Personal Care Kit
- Food Sufficient to Feed Yourself 2 Meals Each Day
- Spare Pair of Boots
- Military Cot
- Wool Blanket or Poncho Liner
- Cook Stove
- Mouse Proof Container
- Waterproof Bag
- Laundry Bag
- Equipment Care Kit
- Coffee Cup
- Hexamine Fuel Tablets
- Knee Pads
- Bringing a tent to Operation East Wind? Read our tent policies here.
- Bringing a heater to Operation East Wind? Read our heater policies here.
- Bringing a vehicle to Operation East Wind? Read our vehicle policies here.