West German Bundeswehr
The West German unit portrayed at East Wind is a Jaeger (light infantry) unit. The Bundeswehr did not station large combat formations in West Berlin. The Jaegers are some of the more plausible units to be deployed, or otherwise find their way into Berlin at a time of crisis.
As a Jaeger, you'll be fighting as light infantry. This means long range patrols, distant patrol bases and operations on the border. You will frequently operate as a small unit, without direct combat support. The Jaegers have no organic (assigned to them) motor transport assets. Expect to spend more time on your feet, and carrying a pack, than the other NATO forces. Of course, when applicable transport or support is available, it will be provided.
You will enjoy the benefits of high quality personal equipment at very affordable prices. West German personal equipment is lighter and easier to handle than that of most other NATO member nations.
Each individual attending as a West German Bundeswehr soldat is required to have all of the equipment listed on this page before they will be allowed entry to the field. Click on the name of each item for more details, and photos. There will be an inspection when you sign in. If you have questions, or are having trouble sourcing some items, please contact us.
While some of the equipment on the list may not seem to have immediate value, it is not just for the sake of realism or re-enacting. All the equipment is designed to work as a system, with other people's gear, and with the heavy equipment we provide.
Before being sure you have all of this stuff, be sure to read the list of items that you cannot bring.
- Approved Airsoft Weapon System
- Sealed and Rated Goggles, or approved mesh goggles
- Low or Mid Cap Magazines
- AEG Batteries if Applicable
- German Flectarn Pattern Uniforms, minimum of two
- Socks, minimum of four pairs
- Warm Hat
- Warmth Layer
- Long Johns or Poly Pro
- Flectarn Patrol Cap
- German Helmet, with Flectarn cover
- Flectarn Armor Vest
- Quality Full Leather or Gore-Tex Boots
- Military Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Flectarn Gore-Tex or Sympatex Rain Parka
- German Patrol Rucksack
- Load Bearing Equipment
- German Shelter Half, in Flectarn pattern
- An Entrenching Tool
- Red Dead Rags, minimum of two
- Canteen with Cups, minimum of two
- Water Purification Tablets
- Mess Kit with Silverware
- Military Type Flashlight
- Pad of Paper and a Pen or Pencil
- Individual First Aid Kit
- Personal Care Kit
- Food Sufficient to Feed Yourself 2 Meals Each Day
Recommended Equipment List:
- Spare Pair of Boots
- Military Cot
- Wool Blanket or Poncho Liner
- Cook Stove
- Mouse Proof Container
- Waterproof Bag
- Laundry Bag
- Equipment Care Kit
- Coffee Cup
- Esbit Fuel Tablets
- Knee Pads
- Bringing a tent to Operation East Wind? Read our tent policies here.
- Bringing a heater to Operation East Wind? Read our heater policies here.
- Bringing a vehicle to Operation East Wind? Read our vehicle policies here.